There is much to consider when you move to a new apartment complex in Fishers. Having a handy guide at your side makes everything go more smoothly. It allows you to remember each important job, stay focused, and feel more in charge of the situation. To assist in making your future moves more stress-free, we’ve assembled these crucial steps for your apartment moving checklist in Fishers.
8 Weeks Before Moving: Start Preparing
Don’t be a procrastinator! The days leading up to your move will feel less hectic the sooner you begin preparing.
- Make an actual list. Use these ideas to begin your Fishers apartment moving checklist and add more things to it when you remember something else.
- Inform your current leasing office. The majority of contracts demand advance notice of usually 30 or 60 days before you move.
- Understand your exiting requirements, like a final walk-through and proper cleaning. Be sure to include these on your checklist.
6 Weeks Before Moving: Get Ready For The Big Day
Now is the time to figure out the logistics for the day of your move and schedule movers.
- Finalize move-in plans with your new apartment complex in Fishers. Confirm your move-in date, make sure you understand the move-in process, and submit whatever paperwork is still left.
- Hire a team of professionals or rent a truck. Make a reservation now to ensure your requested moving date can be accommodated.
- Arrange childcare or a pet sitter for the big day to help keep your little ones and furry friends out of harm’s way.
2-4 Weeks Until Moving: Box It Up
Getting packed early will help you feel less rushed as your day approaches. Assign your belongings into one of three categories: save, donations, or trash.
- Collect moving boxes and other supplies.
- Start boxing up non-vital goods and getting rid of trash. Don’t forget to label every box!
- Fix any problems you are responsible for in your prior home to get your deposit back.
- Amend your renter’s insurance with your new place.
- Submit a change of address form and request mail forwarding from the post office.
- Request the transfer of your utilities or set up new billing arrangements for Internet, cable, electric.
- Update services and subscriptions of your new address.
- Find where the closest dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new community.
1 Week Before Moving: Tackle Final Details
The home stretch is sure to be demanding yet exhilarating as you get ready to move.
- Reaffirm the agreement you have with professional movers or rental truck suppliers and give directions and other details for the day of your move.
- Complete your packing. Pack a temporary bag for the first couple days in your new apartment, and figure out a prudent method to store valuables and important documents to keep with you.
- Clean your previous apartment while you finish packing. .
- Obtain your new keys and make a walk-through of your new apartment. Identify and inform management of all maintenance concerns.
- Plan where your couches, tables, and other large pieces will incorporate into your brand new floor plan.
Your Day Has Arrived: Stay Organized!
It’s the big day! It will be hectic, so it’s wise to have your Fishers apartment moving checklist handy to keep yourself organized.
- Dispatch children and pets with sitters for the day.
- Work with the team of professionals as they pack and unpack the vehicle. Be sure to tip them and submit the last payment.
- Do the closing walk-through at your old apartment.
- Make sure you have utilities up and running along with functioning smoke alarms.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new apartment, including beds, toilet paper, and snacks.
Put Touring Spark Apartments On Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Fishers
You have to find a new home before you start planning your move. Have you seen Spark Apartments? Our representatives are here to give you an in-person or online tour of our wonderful property and assist you in finding the most suitable floor plan and design for you. Put us on your to-do list and reach out to (463) 210-1702 or plan a tour today to learn more.